Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My spring break getaway

Last week was spring break for me and it was so nice to not worry about school for a week! I'm taking 19 credits right now, so I definitely needed the break. First off, I flew to Las Vegas where my husband had been staying temporarily for work. (Thanks so much to my mother-in-law who bought me the plane ticket as an early birthday present! She's the best!) It was great to see my hubby, but I really don't like Las Vegas at all. I hate gambling, drinking, and sleazy burlesque show advertisements on billboards. I also hate the high level of crime in the city. We were staying downtown in a scary neighborhood and we had our driver's side window in our truck shattered and our radio stolen! Not nice! Luckily it only cost $80 to get a new window put in. Still no radio though! The only thing we did in Vegas was see "Drillbit Taylor" (it was pretty funny, but also hard to watch, it had way too much bullying!) The fun thing we decided to do was drive to the Grand Canyon. It was absolutely majestic! For those of you who haven't been there, you should definitely go someday. You can't even comprehend how massive and unbelievably awe-inspiring it is! Lots of ourdoorsy types enjoy hiking down into the canyon and camping there. We hope to be able to do this someday when we have more than a few hours to spend there. However, we did have the time to hike about halfway down into the canyon on one of its many trails. The trail was unbeilavable, it was not too wide and some parts had slick ice patches and there is no hand rail or anything, it seemed incredibly dangerous! I admit, it was a little scary. While traverssing the canyon, I imagined how many people had lost their lives there over the years. Not a very pleasant thought, huh?
Overall, we had an incredible time and now I'm having a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things. :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Fun slide show! The kids and I spent some time at the Grand Canyon on our 2 and a half week summer road trip out here. It is a breathtaking expierience! Sorry to hear about your incident in Vegas, what a pain. Not a very family friendly place for sure.

Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun Tiff! That sucks about your truck being broke into though. And by the way, yes it is the new Hairspray! I love it!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Tiff!!!